Global Supply Chain Expert Headlines Keynote Speakers at Wine Industry Technology Symposium
NAPA, Calif.-Benjamin Gordon, an expert in global supply chain and logistics, will headline an impressive list of speakers at the fourth annual Wine Industry Technology Symposium (WITS)™, slated for July 15, 2008 at the Marriot Napa Valley.
“Ben Gordon is a recognized expert on worldwide logistics and his insight into how the wine industry can retool their global supply chain in order to become more efficient, innovative, and decrease the carbon footprint will be invaluable to our attendees”
Gordon, Managing Director of BG Strategic Advisors, a leading firm providing supply chain companies with CEO-level advisory services in the areas of strategy, technology and finance, will present on the topic of “Innovations & Change in the Global Supply Chain.” This general session will explore advances in supply chain leadership that will impact the management and logistics of wine distribution.
“Ben Gordon is a recognized expert on worldwide logistics and his insight into how the wine industry can retool their global supply chain in order to become more efficient, innovative, and decrease the carbon footprint will be invaluable to our attendees,” said Lesley P. Berglund, WITS co-chair.
The second keynote address will be presented by Scott Shaw, founder of Fishbowl, an online marketing agency for restaurants with an opt-in database of more than 25 million consumers. Shaw will present “Breaking Through to On-Premise Customers” that will show how wineries and distributors can leverage state-of-the-art email systems and databases to increase acquisition rates, loyalty, and revenues.
The Wine Industry Technology Symposium’s general session will conclude with “CIO & CEO Group Therapy,” an engaging forum of CEOs and CIOs sharing how they succeed in building and implementing strategies together, which is often a challenge as they come from different business worlds and rarely speak the same language. This town-hall style discussion will be moderated by Jack Irby, Director of Information Systems at Folio Wines.
The complete event schedule is available at the event’s website at www.wineindustrytechnologysymposium.com. Session highlights include:
- Going Greet in IT. Join wine industry technology leaders driving green IT solutions. Moderator Bob Barnes (F. Korbel & Bros.) will be joined by panelists Jack Clare (Constellation Brands), David Beck (Korbel), and Frank Wilhelm (Wente Vineyards).
- Strength in Numbers: Using Metrics to Drive Direct Sales. Moderator Mack Schwing (WISE Academy) will lead the discussion with consumer direct masters Dan Michael (E&J Gallo), Matt Wood (Icon Estates), and Jeremy Benson (Benson Marketing Group).
- Successful Two-Tier Direct-to-Trade Sales. Helpful tools for wineries selling directly to retailers and restaurants. Andrea Johnston (Inertia Beverage Group) will moderate a panel with Peter Granoff (Ferry Plaza/Oxbow Wine Merchant), Kenneth Rochford (Medlock-Ames Winery), and Cristin Castro (Impressa).
- Supply Chain: Thought Leaders in Action. Ben Gordon will expand on his keynote address; his panel of experts will include Alan Thomas (Deloitte Consulting), Carol Thompson (New Vine Logistics), Dean Frew (Xterprise), and Duane Williams (Boston Consulting Group).
- Keeping it Legal: Back again by popular demand, this session will introduce the latest tools and trends for keeping your business compliant.
How to save on WITS?
Registration fees are $400 per person, which includes attendance at the general session, breakout panels, breakfast, lunch, wine reception and the Technology Showcase on July 15. Multiple registrants from the same company receive a $50/person discount after the first registration. WITS sponsors are also offering 10% discount to their clients and prospects. Please reach out to your contacts at the following tradeshow exhibitors to receive this discount:
Bank of the West
Copper Peak Logistics
Dimensional Insight (Diver)
Inertia Beverage Group
Information Resources Inc.
Orion Wine Software
New Vine Logistics
Six88 (Ship Compliant)
Vermont Information Processing
For more information and to register, visit www.wineindustrytechnologysymposium.com. Registration fees do not include a hotel room reservation. Reserve a room at the Marriott Napa Valley by visiting www.napavalleymarriott.com and receive a discount on room rates by entering event code wiswisa.
About The Wine Industry Technology Symposium (WITS)
The Wine Industry Technology Symposium (WITS)™ was created in 2005 by a group of wine industry and technology professionals. The purpose of WITS is to address the unique information technology and services needs of the wine industry. WITS is dedicated to bringing the world’s leading wineries, distributors and retailers together with some of the world’s leading technology experts to foster learning and discussion. Panels of experts discuss specific examples and case studies involving winemaking, vineyard management, consumer direct marketing and sales, operations, financial management, trade sales and distribution. www.wineindustrytechnologysymposium.com
Published at http://bengordonpalmbeach.com on August 12, 2019.